Pages

Friday, January 1, 2010

A Midsummer Nightmare (not by Shakespeare)

Whew! What a life! Can it really be more thrilling? Listen to this...

I'm sitting here in my little room in my big, empty house after a day of work. And what work? I'm almost afraid to say, 'cause you might get jealous. But I'll risk. Carrying clay and horse manure for my aunt who is helping me repair the stove... winter is coming. Yeah, that's what we use here for such works. I've got to mention gluing wallpaper to the walls... have I ever dreamed of anything like this? But it's worth the reason. 'Cause see...

... another exciting thing is the small group with the teen girls from the village. We talk about life and adventure and traveling and my best friend J. Oh, we also play fun games and drink hot tea. So, I'm getting the room ready. :)

However exhilarating that may sound, I must tell you, it is not the last highlight of the day yet, 'cause then I retreat to my little room to watch one of my favorite movies, the kind with spiders and magic. Yeyyyy! Spooky stuff. And... I hear some increasing noise under my sofa, around my desk, scratching and trotting... Like something is coming... Hoah! That would have scared you, but not me. I'm used to that by now - my all time companions, the mice! Now, I have to admit they are going a little over board this time...

In the middle of the movie they are playing catch-me-if-you-can with each other. Excuse me!!! Can I have a private moment here! But that's not all. Listen to this: They pick from behind my books and look at me with those small black eyes to make sure I'm watching... How cute! *(&^(@# Just like little children...

Another thing that puzzles me is: why I found that a sleeve on my white blouse was kinda damp and stinky and, yeah, sort of yellowish?.. Hmmm... curious.

My wonderful mother, of course, did buy some poisoned grain, to control the mice population taking over, but instead of pouring it in all their holes...oh, yeah! there are plenty - my little 2,5x3,5 meter room, has about 5. I guess they like me... As I was telling you, my Mom, who is wonderful and who got a big pack of poisoned grain, decided to make it tough for them. Why should she make it easy, anyway? They didn't deserve it. So, she put the whole package in the sofa... Let them find it.

She was nice though - at least she has opened the package for them. But... surprise!!! up to this day she wonders why the mice are still dancing around, playing hide-and-seek and after more than a week the package goes untouched. Maybe it's that the now-a-day generation of mice is really smart?!

So, I did them a favor and imparted the grain lavishly in the easier-to-reach holes. If nothing happens then my Modern Mice High IQ hypothesis is true.

And now I'm sitting here listening to Gimme, Gimme, Gimme (a man after midnight) . Oh, no. Terrible! Of course, it's not related to catching mice or anything else. Hey, hey... watch your thoughts out there!!! It's just that I've watched recently the Mama Mia movie, and I really liked it, so I'm playing the soundtrack now... Sure, I'd totally recommend it if you are in mood for something hilarious, light and romantic.

I Hope Your Life Is Just as Inspiring. If you feel bored or unhappy over your circumstances in general, please, be my guest. I promise you'll have fun. As a bonus, you'll leave with the right perspective on things. :) But maybe you'll love it here so much that you won't want to leave after all. Who knows...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

can i bring my cat with me ? i'm sure they will like him :D

candango said...

Adeliq, what a wonderful blog. I have just found it and enjoy reading your observations about life and customs in the US and about village life in Moldova. I hope that you will continue the posts. Candango (in Virginia)