Pages

Friday, March 29, 2013

Tell me One Thing...

Wow!!! What a great blogger I am. I'm consistently posting at a frequency of one post per year. So impressive. I'm even considering starting a second blog... Uh!

It seems that life happens at such speed and I don't have the time to sit and record it. I'm afraid to miss smth. So many stories I could have written just as great as the others about how "wonderful" life can be.

Sometimes I wonder if anybody really would like my stories, since they all have this sharp cutting edge. Perhaps you are looking for something more inspiring?.. Well, I guess whatever impresses me, I write. And some things I find shockingly impressive. Like for instance, the public minibus driver who calls a 9 year old a "debil", which really means "idiot", "retarded". Should I tell you why? Or does it really matter? Poor kid was struggling to close the door, so when it finally closed, it slammed. What is even more impressive is that none of the adults said anything to that, nobody raised to defend the child... Funny society.
Hot chocolate in the middle of the night (almost like coffee)

Or a friend tells me her supervisor is "chewing" her out. When she complained to higher authorities the response she got was: try to be manipulative, be "nicer" to her (which really meant: 'kiss her butt'). I don't know why I find this hysterically sad. Perhaps I'm pretty naive. When will I grow up finally?!

I get tired of such encounters. They leave you with a bitter taste in your mouth. It's like they stain your life. Perhaps it's good to avoid them, when possible. Or somehow keep detached. I recall the advise of a friend some years ago. He said: "some people are like a pile of .... - better walk around it, if you don't want the stench to spread." There might be some wisdom to that.

In the end, I think while not ignoring the reality, it is better to concentrate on things you are grateful for in your life, those that lighten up you life. Oh, really. Have I discovered smth new? lol

For now here are 3 things I'm grateful for:

1. I'm grateful for the walls around that protect me against the icy wind raging outside, although it's supposed to be spring.

2. I'm grateful for the excellent health I'm blessed with. Some don't enjoy such & and those who do, can take it for granted.

3. I"m grateful to have known the love that surpasses understanding. And bathe in it. :)

What are you grateful for at this moment? Can you think of one thing? Share with me.

3 comments:

Jeff Davis said...

I'm grateful for friends in Moldova like you...

Unknown said...

Gratitude-especially the biblical one-is a kind of vaccine that protects us against transforming in titans and monsters.It's good to have it always with&in You,orientated to Him.It creates a kind of special chanel that allows His grace to flow and keep You alive.It's just vital!
Thanks for your stories - they cheered me up!

Ed and Coralee said...

We're thankful we know Adela Cristea!